Below are our current job openings (toggle for more information and downloadable PDFs).
JOB TITLE: Workforce Development Counselor
EEO CODE: 2
REPORTS TO: Senior Workforce Counselor & TENCO Workforce Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
SALARY RANGE: $25,000 to $31,000 per year
Provides career and training guidance to individuals seeking assistance through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). This position is a full-time temporary position available through a Federal Trade grant to assist individuals experiencing layoffs in the local area. The life expectancy of the grant is approximately two years pending fund availability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND TASKS:
- Interview customers to determine specific career and employment goals.
- Provide individual and group orientations regarding services available through the Kentucky Career Centers.
- Determine WIOA and/or Trade eligibility of potential clients.
- Refer individuals to additional services.
- Complete, accurate, and timely documentation.
- Identify customer skills, barriers, and goals relating to education and employment through assessment procedures.
- Develop and maintain an Individual Employment Plan that outlines strengths, obstacles, goals, plans of action and services needed.
- Maintains hard copy and electronic records.
- Provide intensive monthly case management for a case load of approximately 70-100 customers.
- Work closely with representatives of community partners, including education, business, other workforce areas and economic development.
- Provide follow-up services for customers who have exited the WIOA program.
- Assist with core Career Center services, including resume writing, mock interviewing, job search and assistance, etc.
- Provide outreach regarding available services
- Attend meetings as identified through FIVCO ADD and/or the TENCO Workforce Development Director.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Any other duties as assigned.
Work is typically performed in an office sitting at a desk. Local travel and some overnight travel is required. Long periods of time working at a computer and working with detail. Valid driver’s license is required.
Must be able to see, hear, and speak. Work requires attention to detail. Occasional light lifting.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT:
Equipment typically used includes personal computer, scanner, printer, typewriter, calculator, fax machine, copier, paper shredder, and binding machine. Use of vehicle.
Documented experience with the Federal Trade Act is preferred. Degree in Education, Counseling, Social Services, Human Resources or related field preferred. Applicants with less than a Bachelor’s degree may be considered with documented two to four years pertinent experience but would be under the direct supervision of the Senior Workforce Counselor.
A combination of education, training, and experience may be substituted when competency in the role is demonstrated.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to those who are able to perform the essential duties of the job. The incumbent must be able to pass any required drug test and new hire background check.
SPECIALIZED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Complete work in a timely, accurate, and thorough manner and is conscientious, about assignments.
- Must be an excellent communicator with diverse populations.
- Able to create and facilitate training programs to assist clients with employment and training needs.
- Knowledgeable of employment and training laws – the Civil Rights laws related to employment, education and training and The Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Provide services in a professional manner and maintain constructive working relationships.
- Able to administer and analyze assessments.
- Must be computer literate including Microsoft® Office programs.
- Able to prioritize work and organize tasks.
- Professional image in personal appearance.
- Ability to work in groups or individualized settings.
- Must be organized, adaptable to changing environments and have self-initiative.
- Able to work in high-paced environment
- Must maintain confidentiality
- Knowledge of employment and training laws beneficial, Civil Rights laws related to employment, education and training, and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
FIVCO reserves the right to revise and alter this job description as needed.